Food Writing

21 August 2013

Five Minute Peach Froyo

                                      
I sometimes get on these benders where I have to clean. It's not obsessive or scrubbing-related...I happen to hate cleaning products, sponges and deciding whether to throw out sponges or wash them in the dishwasher. It's more just..stuff. Vacuuming. Clearing. When that's set I feel more set. If life were exactly ideal I'd have a completely zengineered Japanese storage system with a hidden place for everything utilizing height and width. For now all I can say is we try, and we don't do too bad. It's a summer thing too, because cleaning makes you realize you are really hot, but clean spaces feel so good in summer, not like winter when you can deal with a little bundled coziness and papers and books and unfolded sweaters hanging around. But summer. Equals Ease. This is something I have to remind myself of more frequently.



I've been making this frozen yogurt. It's kind of ridiculous. No, it doesn't involve a maker, churning or frequent stirring, or much yogurt for that matter. It has no sugar, just a little honey. Although it takes 5 minutes to decide you want it and execute it, you do have to have done a step in advance: have chopped frozen peaches on hand (or I suspect any fruit would work but peach is especially dreamy as now is the time of the Peach). This is key. Grab those peaches from the farmer's market, Now, chop and skin them, freeze on a parchment-lined baking sheet for an hour, then transfer to a freezer bag. You can have this froyo at your service then. I will say that I suspect this recipe works best with peaches that haven't been frozen for super long (it is easier on your food processor, too). If they are really frozen or you want to freeze peaches now and do this in December (but I consider that loaf bread season central) I suspect a just letting them soften a bit would work. Enough about frozen things.



5-minute 5 Ingredient Summer Peach Froyo

Serves One or Two if you're nice...or just double it

1 cup frozen chopped peaches
1 T honey
1 T lemon juice
1/8 t vanilla
2 Tablespoons full fat yogurt (I used a T each Greek and regular)
Pinch chopped toasted sliced almonds (optional)

Place honey, yogurt, vanilla and lemon in a small bowl and stir together. Place peaches in food processor and pluse a few times to break them down. Start pulsing a little longer, then pour in wet ingredients. Blend until peaches are broken down into a soft serve consistency and all yogurt is incorporated. If things got a little warm, place bowl of processor in freezer or transfer to a container before scooping if it needs to firm up more. Scoop!



No comments :

Post a Comment