Food Writing

22 March 2019

One thing: Lime Bliss Balls


There used to be just Lara Bars. Now there are so many varieties of fruit-nut bars and balls out there and they don't cost a penny. They are great for on-the-go, but I'd much rather work with whole ingredients. Over the years I've whizzed dates and nuts in the food processor on occasion, pressed and cut them and within a few days between hubs and I, they were gone! It's always a thing I wish I did every week as part of #mealprep. Because in my best life I do meal prep. Ha. Usually not. BUT. I'm a mom now, and time and windows have never been of the utmost importance. If I can do one thing that is uncomplicated for which my later self will thank me, I do it. Like these balls. Yum. A couple ingredients--lime zest and a little juice, unsweetened coconut, dates and almonds, and you've got yourself that portable fruit and nut snack in a package. Don't skip the lime, it really flavors it.


Lime Bliss Balls
~about 10-15

1/2 c raw almonds
1/2 c chopped Medjool dates
1/4 c unsweetened shredded coconut
few swipes lime zest
1-2 tsp lime juice

Grind dates and almond in food processor until fine, add coconut, zest and juice and continue to pulse  until evenly broken down and starting to clump into dough. Roll teaspoons into balls and keep chilled. Enjoy!


No comments :

Post a Comment